As a sales manager you have one job: Always achieve sales and growth targets! If you are struggling with that, this article is for you.
You can spend a lot on ads, buy databases, and hire people. But without the right sales processes and sales management software, you cannot close deals or meet targets.
Sure software can help but choose the wrong software once and you will be in sales management hell.
Your team won’t be able to use it, It’ll mess up your data management, complicate things even more rather than simplifying and you can be stuck paying for software that does not scale as your business grows.
So, how do you find the right sales management software that can fix all the screw-ups and your current workflow while supporting your growth initiatives?
What are the specific steps to do that?
That’s what we’ll see in this article!
How to achieve the target and where sales management software can help
- If you already have a good current workflow, then fix all the issues in that workflow that hamper growth.
- If you want to implement new growth initiatives, find out what are the areas that can unlock the highest growth for you and see if the sales management software that you’re considering supports those initiatives.
Let’s look at each one in-depth.
Achieving sales growth by fixing critical issues in your current workflow
1. Mismanagement of the team
Your team can’t achieve sales targets if some team members don’t have leads, while others are overloaded. Mismanagement also happens if people can access each other’s leads and there is no systematic distribution of leads.
2. Lead leakage
You spend tons of money to get leads but if your team doesn’t connect with those leads quickly, it doesn’t matter.
3. Lead mismanagement and missing follow-ups
You have fixed the first issue. Now your team contacts every lead. But, if they don’t properly manage the leads, and or take timely follow-ups, those leads won’t convert to deals.
4. Unproductive sales team
Ultimately, your sales team members are the front-line warriors, closing deals and bringing your growth. They can’t help you achieve targets if they are constantly busy with unproductive tasks. So, as a sales manager, you need to make sure they have the tools they need to do their job right.
5. No tracking of sales reps & poor reporting
Without the right tracking of sales reps, you cannot know who’s not doing well enough or how you can help them get better. The same is true for your business as a whole. The right reports tell you what needs to be fixed and make a realistic forecast for the next month.
New growth initiatives that unlock the highest growth
Problems that hinder rapid growth and how to address them
1. Slow growth in audience and customer base
To increase your bottom line, you need to increase the number of prospects your sales team interacts with at the top of the funnel. To grow fast you need to grow this number fast.
2. Disengaged leads
There may be lakhs of leads at the top of your funnel, but if most of those leads are disengaged and don’t really care about you, your brand, or your product anymore, they just won’t buy from you. This is why it is super important to keep those leads engaged. To get more sales, you need more engaged leads.
3. Poorly managed customer relationships
You can fix the other issues and close more deals. But if your sales reps don’t maintain a great relationship with your customers, your existing customers will leave and you will lose any future revenue or referrals from them. These two things are the engine for rapid growth.
4. Unprepared team for new and big opportunities
There are numerous ways to run your sales ops on steroids: but your team cannot do this if they are continuously struggling with the basic tasks.
Depending on the specifics of your business, you may only be facing some of these issues!
The right sales management software is the one that helps you address and solve these issues.
Now let’s look at how TeleCRM enables you to address these problems
1. Mismanagement of the team
TeleCRM comes with 2 cool features for properly assigning and managing your team members’ work
- Access management: Decide who has access to which data and what they can do with that data in TeleCRM. You can also use access management to maintain a proper hierarchy of your organization within CRM.
- Auto lead distribution among team members: When leads get added to your CRM, either from excel upload or from other sources like API and custom lead capture, you can define the logic and automatically distribute those leads to different team members
2. Lead Leakage
TeleCRM supports built-in integration with 16 different platforms and instant lead capture from hundreds of other sources using our custom lead capture API. So, you can say goodbye to any form of lead leakage or confusion.
3. Lead mismanagement
With TeleCRM you can tag leads by source, add statuses, or even update those statuses automatically based on the events. You can add star ratings and you can segregate leads into different labels. So, with a proper lead management system, all your sales reps will always know which leads are important and which ones to focus on at the moment.
4. Missing follow-ups
You can easily schedule a follow-up by choosing a date and time. Once it’s time, we will remind you on your desktop, mobile app, and even with a message on your WhatsApp. So, there’s no chance that you are gonna miss that follow-up. As for your agents, they won’t have any excuse for the missed follow-ups.
5. Poorly managed customer relationships
If you don’t give a premium experience to your customers, your competitors will. Here are some of the features of TeleCRM that help you maintain the best relationship with your customers.
- Lead history: Imagine how a prospect would feel if he mentioned something six months ago, he calls back and you remember? With TeleCRM you can deliver that experience by going through the lead history.
- Call recording: Every conversation with all the prospects is automatically recorded and synced. You can access it from anywhere. Want to know exactly what a customer said on his first call with you? Just go to the timeline and play the call recording.
- Document management: Customers hate it when you ask for the same documents again and again. With TeleCRM, you don’t have to. Store and manage all the documents related to any specific lead or client in one place.
6. Unproductive sales team
TeleCRM comes built-in with hordes of productivity features. Here are just some of them.
- Autodialer: Your team no longer has to waste time manually typing and dialling numbers. They can focus on making more calls and closing more deals.
- Follow-up scheduling reminders: Your team members can select a date and time and schedule a follow-up call. When it’s time to call, they get a notification on their phone and WhatsApp.
- 1-click WhatsApp/SMS/Email: If a lead does not answer his phone or if your agents need to send details after the call, they can send personalized WhatsApp SMS and email messages with just one click using TeleCRM.
- Message templates: In the previous section, we talked about sending 1-click, WhatsApp, SMS, and email message. It’s not just personalized. Your agents can customize the templates for these messages as per their needs.
- Auto welcome message: You’ve got a hot lead from Google. It gets automatically assigned to one of the team members but he is busy on another call. The lead does not have to wait anymore. You can set up automation to send an instant WhatsApp message with basic details as per his requirements.
- WhatsApp notifications for leads: If you call a lead immediately after it gets received, the chances of the deal getting closed become high. With TeleCRM, your agents get an instant WhatsApp notification on getting a new lead. Moreover, they can just call the lead with one click from WhatsApp.
7. No tracking sales reps
The universal truth about sales teams is that agents don’t work when nobody is watching. With TeleCRM you can watch them every minute, even when you are sipping your drinks on your vacation. Here are some of the reports that enable you to do that!
- Leaderboard: A single look at the leaderboard and you know a summary of which team member has done how much work. It tracks the number of calls made, the number of deals closed and the total time spent on calls. It also records other important details like in time and out time.
- Individual and campaign tracking: You can also track the number of calls, total time spent on those calls and the total revenue generated for any single team member to get a real-time hour-by-hour report. Additionally, you can also track several important metrics of any specific campaign that any specific team member is working on.
8. Poor reporting
With TeleCRM you get a clear report of what your entire team is doing at any point in time!
You get an hour-by-hour report for every sales agent for the number of calls they have made, the total amount of time spent on those calls, and the total revenue from the deals closed during any specific time period. Moreover, you can also customize the range of time for which you want this report.
9. Slow growth in audience and customer base
If you want to grow fast, you cannot just maintain and optimize your current workflow. You have to implement growth hacks that will help you quickly enlarge your audience and customer base. Here are three growth hacks you can implement with TeleCRM right away.
- WhatsApp marketing campaigns: You can shoot a WhatsApp blast to all your past leads and figure out who are the people still interested in buying from you.
- Drip marketing: Once you have filtered a set of leads, you can send them a drip sequence of WhatsApp marketing messages that will keep them warm and engaged until they are ready to be closed.
- Scheduling: You can set up schedules to send them automatic reminders and wishes on birthdays, anniversaries, etc. This way, they know that you care about them and you don’t really have to work hard to make this happen.
10. Disengaged leads
You can set up WhatsApp message sequences to automatically nurture the existing leads in your pipeline to make sure that no matter how big your pipeline gets, no leads are disengaged or feel left out.
11. Poorly managed customer relationships
Both prospects and customers hate it when salespeople don’t care. With TeleCRM you can provide the best care to your prospects and customers without even working hard. Here’s how
- Complete lead history in one place: TeleCRM logs each, and every interaction that you have with every prospect. You can just open the lead history for any single prospect, and all the interactions of your entire team with that particular prospect are right there. I swear, this way the prospect never has to repeat himself and all your team members always know everything about him.
- Call recording: Had some miscommunication and now the prospect is pissed? Just go to the history and listen to the call recording and you will find the best way to resolve the conflict and create a win-win out of the situation.
- Document management: With documents, TeleCRM makes sure that you have everything related to any specific lead in one place, including all types of documents files, etc!
12. Unprepared team for new and significant opportunities
What if you find a cheap source of new leads from where you can get 10x the number of leads? How soon can your team become ready for the opportunity? With TeleCRM they can be ready much sooner. Here are key TeleCRM features that allow you to scale up rapidly.
- Automation: You can set up automation like WhatsApp welcome messages, WhatsApp chatbot, drip message sequences and automatic engagement when a lead visits a particular page or takes a particular action. With all this, you can engage, inform, and warm leads without your sales team ever getting involved.
- Scalable systems that can easily handle rapid growth and expansion: When you get a new big opportunity, you need to scale up your sales team. Just adding new members without proper systems in place can make it go haywire. But if you are using TeleCRM you have all the systems in place; all you need is to add more team members.
Questions to ask before selecting sales management software:
In the case of sales management software, you’re not just buying a commodity from a vendor. Your CRM provider is your partner in business growth. Here are some critical aspects, and questions that help you filter out the right vendor.
How long does it take to onboard a 5-member (replace with company size) company?
If they give you an impractical number, run! They are not interested in honesty, they want the sale.
What are the specific ways it will make our workflows more efficient? Can you give a refund if this does not happen?
If you hear an immediate yes, they mean business.
Now that you know my workflows, what problems do you think I’ll face during adoption?
If they downplay the risks too much, run! They are lying. CRM adoption takes time.
What are three specific ways your CRM can improve my data management?
If they give generic answers, run! Proper data management is the first step of sales management.
Is it unlimited? What are the possible hidden charges?
No CRM can provide unconditional unlimited service. If they say so, they want you to sign up now and then be stuck and pay them hidden charges.
Growth support and scalability
List down three potential growth initiatives that you want to take in the future and ask them how they can support this. If they say they can’t, then you know that you’re signing up to be stuck!
Book a free demo
See TeleCRM live in action
Choosing the right sales management software is not very difficult. Whether you have a good current workflow with some issues or you want to implement new growth initiatives a sales CRM can be the tool for you. But not if you take months and months to decide. Just look at the problems that you want to solve and find a CRM that solves those problems. Test out to see if the vendor is reliable and invested in your growth.
- Best Sales CRM Software for Ambitious Teams
- 5 Best Wealth Management CRM Software in India for 2023
- 5 Best Financial Advisor CRM in India for 2023
- Top 50 Best Sales Blogs to Follow in 2023
Really Simple Systems
Here are some of the critical must-have features for sales management software
Team management, access management, lead distribution among team members
Lead capture, follow-up reminders.
Lead history, Call recording, Autodialer, 1-click WhatsApp/SMS/Email:
Leaderboard, individual, reports and campaign tracking
Automation, a scalable system that can handle rapid growth and expansion with ease
Fits your budget.
Your team members can use it easily.
Solve all the problems that you are trying to solve.
Is reliable and helps you with proper data management.
Has the right features to support you as your business grows and scales up.