Are you not able to close sales properly even after busting your ass off?
Are your sales kept snatched away from you?
Does your prospect ghost you out even after proper follow-ups?
You can not simply achieve closure after reading just one article with a bunch of closing tips for sales!
It’s not a magic trick that can make you close more deals!
If you want to be those top-tier guys, who just remarkably close the deal, You need to add something more than just basics.
But this article can get you started on the right path of improvement!
So, we try to cover all those tips that can help you to beat it!
Interested? Read on then!
Why should you build a Sales process?
Many salespeople lack an effective sales process.
For them, the sales process is all about calling random people from a database and practically begging them to buy.
Why should you care about it?
The reason is simple, without a proper sales process:
- Your prospect can twist your arm: Ask you more while paying less, Compare you with competitors, and try to bargain.
- Consume your valuable time.
- Make you go nuts even after knowing all the things and still not going to purchase the product.
Having an effective sales process means:
- Having planned sales pitch/script
- Understanding your prospect’s needs
- Instead of just babbling out a pitch like a tape recorder, listening to the prospect’s problems and needs
- Creating an emotional connection with the prospects.
- Taking follow-ups on time
- Providing value and handling their objections like a pro
- Pushing for closure and making them feel like a winner the moment they have paid.
If you lack any of these, you’ll just keep losing sales. No matter how hard you try!
Or as Uncle Ben from Spiderman would say: with many prospects comes the need for an effective sales process.
You should be concerned more about how to be better at sales instead of closing more sales.
Otherwise, you take the mediocre approach of chasing individual prospects and deals.
Once you are focused on being better, you start to work with a better overall sales process, and eventually, you will start closing more deals.
Here are some tips to help you be a better salesperson
try to remain calm. It gets overwhelming and some prospects try to make life difficult for you. But being a professional means having the ability to remain calm, no matter what.
Never get upset
A sales job means calling 100+ random strangers every day and getting rejected by some as well. Not everyone is going to purchase from you. You need to understand that it’s not personal. This is just how telesales works.
Never feel superior to your prospect
suppose you are providing software and you know everything about it. But your prospect does not know anything. Heck, he isn’t even tech-savvy. You need to understand 2 things:
- He is the one with the money!
- And your job as a salesperson is to guide and help him get unstuck. Because he is the actual hero of the story. Just because you know something that he doesn’t, you don’t have the right to be arrogant about it. If you don’t understand this basic point you will just keep losing deal after deal without knowing why.
Accept the opinion of your client as well
In sales, everybody has their own opinion of understanding and saying things. You need to listen and genuinely try to understand them. Because no one is going to buy from you if they don’t feel heard or understood.
Master being Impassive
sales can be related to the game of cards, you need to be content, understand your prospect, and not show your cards until you need to. This means, do not bluff, try to remain impassive, and hide your emotions even if the sales are too lucrative.
Start taking ownership of the customer’s problems
One of the qualities of a top salesperson is to make their prospect understand that they are in good hands. And to do so, you need to understand their problems and treat their problems as your own.
Take Initiative for yourself
you and your prospect get stuck on an issue and find it hard to move forth, in that case taking the right initiative is very important. That means do not get distracted and try to remain focused.
Try not to take anything personally from what the prospect says
Handling situations professionally is the main key to being one of the top salespersons. Ignore all the bad gestures and signs if shown from the prospect’s side. Your task is to maintain a respectful decorum instead of otherwise.
Never try to sell your product. It won’t make you better. Your customer is looking for a solution. And he does not give a damn about your product until and unless you make him understand that this product or service is the only solution.
Do your research
you call one of your prospects with just bare information (mostly in cold calling). They pick up your phone and you ask “do you want my product?”, that won’t work. You need to understand your prospect! And for that, you need to communicate with them. Understand their needs and then talk about the solution that you can provide.
Talk about budgets and timeline
you explain all of the things and procedures, even give him or her the demo, still, they ditch you after hearing your price because they do not have that much of a budget or they don’t require it as of now. To avoid this, always ask them when they want to start and what their budget is. This will help you a lot and you can proceed further with respect to that.
let’s say your prospect doesn’t agree with your pricing, now what? It is obvious, you justify your pricing and you do this by telling them that you are providing the best service and product that they can have. Tip: always try to handle these types of objections swiftly and with compassion.
Some of the pro sales closing techniques used by top sales reps
- The assumptive close– it’s like playing with the psychology of the prospect. Let’s say, a prospect, wants to buy a house, the very next question you can ask is: “So, when do you want to shift?” This will help them to fortify their decision and you are able to get them one step closer in closing the deal.
- The option close- option close is very similar to assumptive close. In this technique, you can give your prospect an option to choose from. For e.g., you could say: “how do you want to make the payment for the order? By cash or by card”.
- The suggestion is close- let’s say one of your old customers came, he was using “Product A” and wants to purchase the same again. You have a different product; “Product B”, you suggest to him that he should try this one, instead of the earlier one. He buys the second one! Why? Because he trusts you and you have a good rapport with him. He believes that you provide good and profitable suggestions to him.
- The urgency close- In this technique, the salesperson creates a situation of urgency, and that leads to quickly deciding on the side of the prospect e.g.- “The offer which I’m showing to you is for a very limited period of time and we have a high demand for it, so I suggest you grab it before it’s late quickly”. This can be done but only when you are having quite a unique relationship with your client.
Always keep in mind, a good salesperson never sells! He builds a solid relationship with the prospect and the rest fall into their places.
In sales, the intent should be to help your prospect and provide a better solution. Instead of simply selling your product or service.
Once you do that, you have a genuine prospect who trusts you. And that is how your pipeline will develop. And once you have a good pipeline you can close more sales very fluently.
Follow TeleCRM to find out such informative articles.