Looking to boost your sales and take your business to the next level? Look no further! With our simple sales strategies, you’ll be able to maximize your revenue and close deals with ease. Whether you’re a seasoned sales professional or just starting out, our proven techniques will help you reach new heights and achieve your goals. So why wait? Let’s get started on your path to success today!
A sales job is tough,
- No one wants to talk to sales agents
- You have to face rejection on almost every call
- Each prospect can be hostile
- You have to scan through hundreds of irrelevant leads each day to find a few relevant prospects
What if you can,
- Start and hold a conversation on every call
- Deliver value and build a relationship with every prospect you talk to
- Build your list of loyal prospects who will only call you when they need to buy
- Consistently use simple methods to beat all your peers and become the top salesman in your company
Pro Tip: Unleash your full potential with Sales CRM and transform your sales game!
Let’s look at the simple sales strategies you can use to achieve all this and more:
1. Be a professional
Have mini-frameworks that help you to push through
For example, The Paper Clip Strategy. Trent Dyrsmid, a twenty-three-year-old stockbroker in Canada began each morning with two jars on his desk. One was filled with 120 paper clips. The other was empty. As soon as he settled in each day, he would make a sales call. Immediately after, he would move one paper clip from the full jar to the empty jar and the process would begin again.
“Every morning I would start with 120 paper clips in one jar and I would keep dialing the phone until I had moved them all to the second jar.” Within eighteen months, Dyrsmid was bringing in $5 million to the firm. By age twenty-four, he was making $75,000 per year.
Instead of having one goal for the day and then trying to hasten in the evening, break it down into mini goals. Like, say 40 calls before lunch, 80 before tea time, and 120 before the end of the day!
Facing one rejection after another can be hard, but instead of quitting you can just take frequent breaks, get recharged, refreshed, and start again!
Do not end your day till your target for the day is achieved
But I am pretty close,
I’ll definitely do it tomorrow
But it’s 9:00 PM already etc. These are some of the standard excuses. If you haven’t finished your day’s target you do not get to end the day. That’s the cold hard truth. Call ’em, and listen to the abuses so that tomorrow you will plan better and finish your targets before 7:00 PM.
Don’t get too attached, execute, execute, execute
Go a huge prospect? Great move on to the next call! Just faced an abusive prospect who unnecessarily unloaded on you? No worries move on to the next prospect!
Once you have the mental toughness to make 100 calls per day no matter what, you have already won half the battle
2. Prepare in advance – know your prospects thoroughly
Thoroughly research your prospects and their company
- What challenges are they currently facing?
- Common challenges in their industry?
- What objections are they likely to have?
- Have you worked with other companies of similar size? What challenges did they face? What objections did they have?
- What is the role of the person you are contacting?
- Is he the right decision-maker?
- What are his daily struggles and the challenges associated with his role?
3. Master the opening line
Don’t start with
Hi! Am I talking to Rahul?
Hi Rahul how are you doing today?
That’s sales calling suicide!
Every prospect you call needs to know 4 things within the first 15 seconds of the call
🔎 Who is this person?
🏫 Where are they calling from?
😕 Why are they calling ME?
⏲ How long is this going to take? (I have a full-time job to do)
Try something like
Hi Amit, This is Rahul from TeleCRM, I am calling you specifically because you are a sales manager at Motilal Oswal and I can help you solve some of the key issues like tracking your team effectively and managing their follow-ups with zero effort using the right technology.
Do you have a minute so that I can describe what we have to offer and then you can decide whether you want to talk about it or not!
This script has multiple strengths
- It answers the 4 key questions in the first line
- It talks about them and their pain point in the opening line
- And it gives them a preview (a trailer) of what this call is about and gives them the option to decide whether they want to continue
4. Deliver value
It’s easy to say deliver value but putting it into practice is easier said than done.
One simple question can help you figure this out –
What is the one thing that I can do on this call for them so that they will always remember me even if they don’t want to buy right now?
Keep looking for the answer to that question until you find it and if you don’t then keep finding small ways just to help them.
Soon enough your prospects will start to see and appreciate this helpfulness and start coming back to you.
And those are valuable prospects. Because they are not just coming to you for help, implicitly they are also giving you permission to sell to them.
5. Slay the objections before they arise
There are 3 or 4 ways to do this
Practice proactive handling of common objections
- Before they even think it’s too costly – you go “By using just these 3 features a typical company that signs up with us gets 7x ROI within the first month. This means if they pay us 5000 in license cost for their team then by the end of the first month they make an additional 35000 in extra sales and time saved“
- Before they say we don’t have the money, you go “There is no upfront commitment whatsoever, you can start with just one user get the ROI, and then decide to expand TeleCRM for the entire team“
Always tie the conversation back to the value:
It’s easy to get bogged down in the technicalities of a particular feature, or I get lost in a ton of objections about the future. A simple way out of this is to bring the conversation back to value. “sure I will take those questions separately but with limited on this call we are trying to see the bigger picture and find out if TeleCRM is the right fit for your company. Once that is clear after that we can get into these technicalities in detail“
Lead them to known objections (That you already have the answers to)
Saying something like –
Is capturing leads from justdial in Facebook in real time show stopper for you?”
This has multiple benefits
- It makes them feel heard: I just ask them the sources of lead and they said Facebook & Justdial and if you ask this as a follow-up question that means I was listening.
- It makes them feel that I care for them – that I am trying to understand how their business actually works instead of just trying to sell CRM software.
- It positions me as an expert – I knew what they need before they even told me.
6. Find the quickest way to become their comfort zone
Good sales people solve the prospects’ actual problems, great sales people also solve their psychological and emotional problemsRahul – TeleCRM
Your prospects are looking for a reliable go-to person who will solve their problems. And the good news is that you can be that person you just have to find the quickest way into their comfort zone. Once you get there you can bet that whenever they need what you are offering they will not go to anyone else but come to you.
For example – We had a company in the education business with an 8-member calling team. They used TeleCRM during the admission season and they had 3 specific workflows
- Autodialer for calling, with reports for the manager
- Follow-up reminders and
- One-click WhatsApp sending after the call
They used it during the admission season and then stopped
After eight months I got a call from them saying they were about to restart the calling process and they need quarterly licenses to start their work today!
We had recently raised the prices but they didn’t look for options!
Because they knew that TeleCRM worked for their workflow and the sales manager had developed for comfort zone around the way TeleCRM works. He just called me directly and asked me for a payment link!
That’s what happens when you become their comfort zone!
7. Keep in touch
Send them a helpful update once a week. Some sales reps will say “But… I don’t wanna spam my prospects!” Great! But that’s no excuse for not keeping in touch. Spend the time and put in the effort to create content that’s more useful. But always keep in touch. And no it’s not the marketing team’s job. Because they are your prospects. Own up to that fact!
If you want to grow as a salesperson than you have to own and take full responsibility for the prospects in your pipeline. You can be busy winning or you can be busy blaming the marketing team, but you can’t do both!
8. Manage your pipeline
Can you answer one simple question?
How many prospects do you have one likely to buy from you in the next 90 days?
If you don’t have an answer to that then you need to do a better job at managing your leads and your pipeline!
Simply making 120 calls per day isn’t going to cut it! Yes, you have to do that it’s the basics but that’s not enough and you are not a robot. After calling 120 leads per day, you have to:
- Filter the relevant prospects.
- Sort them according to their expected timeline for purchase.
- Then you have to schedule follow-up calls and messages accordingly.
The workflow might look slightly different for you but if you really want to succeed and make it big then the process of managing your pipeline is absolutely essential!
9. Ask for referrals
Whether they buy or not they are highly likely to know someone who will!
And asking for referrals can become a lot easier if you reframe it for them as an opportunity to help a friend out!
There are 100s of sales strategies and tactics, but the ultimate secret lies in creating a strategy that communicates value to your customers in your sales conversations.
It is built on your enthusiasm and self-determination.