The point where everything starts
We teach our customers how to stand out.
So.. when we need to hire, we can’t just go around posting jobs on LinkedIn and Naukri.com.
How do we stand out?
It’s a marketing role, so market the job post.
Next question –
What’s the best way to market?
Memes of course…
The progress… or really the lack of it
Then… The idea is just halted
coz I suck at prioritization and hence have gazillion things to do…
It passed to a ‘marketing manager‘ who created a meh version
And because I am so much of a ‘perfectionist‘, I always take matters back into my own hand.
Then, after 8 days, I somehow bring it to a logical conclusion…
Or so I thought!
And then I show it to Love, our dev-head…
The dev-head has complaints
- The Dr. Dre meme is not visible enough!
- No clarity on how the job helps them to improve?
- Seems a bit too exaggerative…
- Carousel isn’t visible on mobile
- I mean… Why does the dev head have so many inputs on a ‘marketing post‘?
- Why doesn’t he stay in his lane?
- How dare he question me a.k.a the CMO?
Coz here, no one is allowed to ask questions like that. Not the CEO/CMO. Not even the janitor.
- Nothing is as simple as it looks in the end result.
- Not every good idea will go viral, but you still do it everyday coz it’s so much fun.
- A lot of effort will be wasted, just like a lot of water (sweat) is wasted when you exercise.
- You do it long enough you start getting a sense of what works and what doesn’t. That’s when all the hard work and effort really starts to pay off.
- When it comes to marketing, there are no gods, no ‘seniors’, no managers.
Good ideas can come literally from anyone who cares enough to think understand and contribute.
- You hunt for ideas, you test them, and then run with whatever works. At it’s core, that’s how simple it is!
- There is no genius who can work alone and create great stuff on his own, you document and share whatever you learn so that people like you can you learn from your learnings and join the tribe. And everyone grows together.
Cred founder Kunal Shah is practically a god at this!
When it comes to marketing, there are no gods. Good ideas can come literally from anyone who cares enough to think understand and contribute.
These are just learnings (and a little exaggeration ofc) From solving a single problem.
Imagine… How fast would you grow if you did this day in and day out…?
And… imagine yourself working in a place…
- Where everyone wants to eat monsters double their own size
- Where excellence as expected, benchmarks are high and the task at hand so impossible that innovation is not just a buzz word but actually survival mechanism.
- Where an intern has the same voice as an CEO because everyone is looking at the problem and are like “mujhe ideas do”
- We’re coming up with a good idea means getting the license to execute it and instantly start seeing the impact over 120,000+ users across the globe
Sounds like a place you want to work at?
And I’ll see you in the PI round!
That is if you make it till there…