VoIP stands for voice-over-Internet protocol. In simple words, it is cloud-based calling to a computer system where no SIM card or smartphone is involved in placing the call. Typically workforces in call-centers use VoIP systems where they just sit with headphones on and talk, while the system dials numbers and handles incoming call queues one after the other.
Some key benefits of VOIP based systems:
- Automated system so very little room for any confusion or unnecessary errors.
- Faster more efficient working of the callers.
- Easier database management compared to excel sheet based manual calling process.
- Easier to monitor, ensure quality and improve the process for team leaders and managers.
If you are running a call center with about 100 member team taking support calls then a VOIP-based system is perfect for you!
But here are 8 major reasons why VOIP based systems can kill any chances of growth for your sales team.
1. First and foremost the all-important truecaller reporting
This is what calls made from a VOIP number typically look like.
Will you pick up this call?
In your free time?
Hell no! right?
Your prospects and leads are the same and kisi ko apna time waste nahin karna!
So many calls are made from a single number that number gets reported very soon on truecaller.
And once a number is reported in Truecaller as Spam then nobody is going to pick up a sales call from that number.
This is exactly what happens if most VoIP numbers are used for outbound calling!
And if you use a similar mechanism your team will start receiving anger, and frustration even before they speak their first word, just because of the red marker on truecaller.
Plus if your prospects use truecaller premium then the calls will be blocked automatically by truecaller.
The solution is simple, you just have to switch to SIM card based calling with the right system in place, to make sure that different people call from different numbers and you can change the number anytime if it gets reported and displayed in red truecaller!
Let’s move to the other major limitations of the VoIP dialer.
2. Control over the number & erratic pricing
If it’s a VoIP number it means the number is provided and controlled by the provider company. This number is the face of your company. The number that all your customers know and call on. So you don’t want this number to be controlled by someone else. Because once companies get this sort of leverage they can start billing you erratically, exercising hidden charges, etc.
3. High up-front costs.
When you’re starting out, it does not make sense to spend 25,000 upfront and set up computer systems. Just to get things going.
Whereas with Sim card-based calling system, since every telecaller typically has a smartphone already you just add an additional Sim along with a mobile-based CRM app and you are ready to get started!
4. Sim card based calling is now free in India
With sim card-based calling you spend is about 200 bucks per month and mobile recharge and you are all set to execute calling! VOIP dialers on the other hand charge a per-minute cost or high fixed costs! Hence when you compare it to that, it makes Sim card based calling a definite winner.
5. Single point of contact for the lead
With VOIP numbers when the customer calls the call either doesn’t go through or it’s connected to one of the team members at random. Plus you can’t send SMS or WhatsApp from a VoIP number.
So if your sales executives have to send details over WhatsApp then they need to send either from a personal number or from a different number. Now if the client has to call back or reply yes to Saif to three numbers on this phone. Nobody has the time for that.
Ideally, you want your prospects should only save a single number do you remember you and get back to you when they are ready to make a decision!
This is exactly what you can achieve with the right SIM card-based dialer. For example, here’s the workflow that TeleCRM users can implement
- Step 1: They talk to the prospect over the phone.
- Step 2: On the call itself they send details on WhatsApp/SMS.
So that even if the prospect does not need the solution right away he has a way to recall your sales executive and the conversation using the WhatsApp and SMS messages and use the details.
Whereas with sim card-based calling you can send details and communication over WhatsApp/SMS from the same number. This makes that number and that person a single point of contact! And thereby increasing the chances of the lead coming back to you when the sale is ready!
VoIP has some very basic advantages over SIM-based calling and some major limitations. Plus with the right system like TeleCRM, you can enjoy the benefits of a seamless experience like a VoIP dialer, combined with the advantages of Sim card-based calling.
In fact here are the key features of TeleCRM that make it an absolute winner compared to VoIP dialer.
- Automatic dialing with autodialer so room for any confusion or unnecessary errors.
- Faster more efficient working of the callers with a single prospects timeline in one place.
- No need to manually manage any databases because once you upload the leads everything else is pre-managed in TeleCRM, completely optimized for sales calling flow!
- The recording is so simple and available in real-time for mobile devices that monitoring the team becomes a two-minute job. Plus all the relevant data is available to help make the right improvements in the sales process of the team!