5 Killer WhatsApp Follow-up Message After a Sales Call 👉🏽:
Are you tired of calling again and again in the name of follow-up and not getting even a warm response? Read this👇🏽
OK give me some time to think about it and get back to you
What do you do after you hear that?
Other common sales objections like I don’t have the money or we like your competitor, give you something to work with but ‘give me some time to think and get back to you‘ is a dead end.
And unless you do something about it people never really get back to you.
Not because they’re liars but just because they are so busy and they end up having other priorities and forget about you and your product or service.
This is an opportunity in disguise. Because everyone including your competitors has to face this question! And they are just as clueless.
But before we get to the solution let’s look at the problem
- It’s not a clear no so you can’t stop following up.
- They didn’t seem too excited or they wouldn’t need the time.
- They just won’t pick up your call, and you have no idea what to do.
The key is to realize that you don’t need some grand gesture to move the deal forward.
You just need to stay on top of their mind and try to keep nudging them.
And as soon as something happens that makes this decision a priority for them again, if you are the one who is on top of their mind at that time then you are the one who’s gonna win the deal.
But how do you do that?
- Calls are too intrusive, besides they don’t take your call anyway.
- And these days nobody reads SMS or email.
That’s where your savior angel comes in – Send WhatsApp follow-ups after sales calls.
Here are the 5 best WhatsApp follow-up templates to get you started.
You can start using them tweak them as you go and even create your own once you have got a hang of the whole thing.
1. Summary of discussion
This is one of the best follow-ups you can take because it happens immediately after the sales call and it summarizes whatever was discussed on the call.
Hey Ranjit, _As discussed over the call_ ✅ You primarily sell mental health products to women ✅ You have a 3-4 people ✅ Your primary use case is capturing Facebook leads, and sending them a welcome message on WhatsApp. And the list of features needed are 1️⃣ Logging/record keeping of all interactions in CRM. 2️⃣ Automatically distribution based on cities 3️⃣ 1-click SMS and WhatsApp to leads who don't receive the call *Is there something I missed?* If you don't want to receive info on WhatsApp reply with STOP [No that's it] [Add more info] [check details]
Advantages of this template
- Creates a sort of revision effect!
- The prospect doesn’t have your number saved but this WhatsApp message is saved in his inbox, if you do it right he will remember the message and now he has a way to get back to you.
- You can send button messages and get replies from him, this reply is not just a normal reply it’s consent for you to send future messages and stay in touch with him on WhatsApp (as long as you don’t spam him or abuse that permission you have a way to get your messages in 100% of the time).
- With the new WhatsApp Cloud API features, you can send messages with CTAs that give them a chance to call you or visit your website with just one click.
- They get a double confirmation that you heard and understood them.
- With TeleCRM advanced triggers you can turn this template into an interactive chatbot with a sequence of messages giving them a chance to interact, know more about your product and give you more details in the process
2. Additional details and site links
This is an ideal message when the discussion over the call was not too long! You want him to check your WhatsApp message and then click on the link to visit your website and check more details so that he knows whether you are the right choice for him.
Because nobody decides before they have the right amount of information. Which is by sending additional details on WhatsApp can be a game changer
Hey *Ronny* As discussed, _you want to implement a CRM for your education institutes sales team._ Here are some of the key features that will be useful for you. 1️⃣ Lead capture from 15 different portals and platforms: https://telecrm.in/features 2️⃣ Autodialer for faster, more calls: https://telecrm.in/autodialer-crm 3️⃣ Caller tracking and call recording: https://telecrm.in/call-recording-crm-software 4️⃣ Accurate reporting of every team member: https://telecrm.in/blog/track-employees-performance-reports-leaderboard-feature/ 5️⃣ Entire league history in one place: https://telecrm.in/call-center-software You can check out these links and *reply to this message for a call back, if you need clarification* Click on the link below to see a quick demo of these features in action [Check Demos]
Advantages of this template
- He was busy which is why you couldn’t explain the whole thing on the call this gives you a chance, to move the conversation forward without being intrusive.
- Make sure that the website link that you sent is mobile responsive because you’re sending this message on WhatsApp, so 99% of the time he’ll open the link on his phone.
- You can use multiple links format instead of just one.
- Don’t overdo this or your message will become spammy, send a maximum of 4 to 5 links.
- Make sure all of those links that you share are geared towards pushing him further into your funnel, he has already had one conversation with you and he’s checking out details so the next step is to try it out. Or something like that.
Make sure you have a form on each of these pages, targeting the user to take whatever that next step is.
3. Newsletter Subscription
When the prospect says ‘Give me some time to think and get back to you‘, you have two options
- You can either say ok!
- Or you can create a smart way to follow up with him, without bugging or bothering him.
Most people will be like but ‘it’s just one prospect‘.
That’s not true!
Hundreds of prospects say this to you every day, and almost none of them get back to you.
So if you can figure out a smart system to follow up with them without having to manually call every single one of them then you can keep delivering them value, and stay on top of their mind.
So that when they are ready to buy you’re the only one they’ll remember.
A newsletter template is generally a 2 to 3 template sequence
- The first one is where you ask them for permission to keep sending them newsletters.
- The second one is where you provide a huge amount of value in your newsletter.
- From the third one onwards it’s just about keeping in touch and providing them value.
Template 1: Asking for Permission
Hi *Rahim*, This is Rahul from TeleCRM. As we just discussed, _you have a cattle feed business and you need a CRM software for your three member sales team._ And as you mentioned, you need time to discuss with your cofounder and finalize. In the meanwhile, _can I subscribe you to our weekly WhatsApp sales newsletter?_ *Starting today you will receive one WhatsApp message containing amazing sales tips.* To unsubscribe from the newsletter reply with UNSUBSCRIBE [Confirm Subscription] [Get Sample Newsletter] [This is Not Helpful]
Template 2: Confirm subscription and send a welcome message
Hey Raman, Thanks for subscribing to TeleCRM blog! You will start receiving weekly sales tips on WhatsApp! Here ate 3 top articles to get you started: 1️⃣ How to build your sales team from scratch: *https://bit.ly/3UtgE--* 2️⃣ 15 killer sales call opening lines: *https://bit.ly/3MnT6--* 3️⃣ 5 Best WhatsApp follow-up templates after sales call: *https://bit.ly/3Mcqf--*
Template 3: First Update after 1 week
Hi Raman As promised, Here's your first tip. 8 qualities to look for while hiring a sales person 1️⃣ *Comminication*: _he should be able to grab attention and make you listen_ 2️⃣ *Presence of mind*: _Throw an insult at him and see how he reacts, if he's able to handle he is a star_ 3️⃣ *Handling objection*: _Raise an unfair objection against his credibility and see how he does_ Click on the link below to read complete details and the rest of the list on the bog [See Blog Post]
Advantages of this template
- Compared to email newsletters, the open rates are just sky-high.
- WhatsApp newsletter is a brand new concept. Nobody is doing it which is why it’s a great time to jump on board.
- It’s very easy for the users to respond and request a callback. You can even have a click-to-call button in your newsletter message templates.
- Find out the key questions that most of your prospects have and answer those questions in your newsletter for improved engagement.
- Don’t make very long messages. Just give them a preview in the WhatsApp message and then have a link to send them to your blog.
- Make sure that the blog post has a way to push them further into your funnel. Because the only people who will click on the link are the people who are genuinely interested again. And when they are interested then you must give them an easy way to proceed to the next step…
- Put a tracking parameter in the link to track the number of messages sent versus the number of clicks received. This gives you a chance to figure out which templates in your newsletter are working and which are not.
4. Connecting them with an expert
What do you do when the prospect is interested but has a critical issue on a technical point that’s beyond your forte?
You just send him a WhatsApp message connecting with the right expert…
Hey *Arjun* As we discussed you need the WhatsApp Cloud API integration for your website leads. I'm connecting you with Love Varshney from our technical team who will be guiding you and how the whole integration well work and what's the total time it will take. Love Varshney Mob: *84270 --955* Need a call with me instead? Just click the link below [Call Rahul [TeleCRM]]
Advantages of this template
- Apart from telling him that the team will get back to you, you give the customer an option to proactively call the expert from his end, this will make him feel more in control.
- Don’t just wait for the customer to call the expert, instead expedite the process and ask the expert to proactively connect with the prospect.
- You can go one step further. Shoot videos for common issues and send them as links in the message template. Connecting with a human expert takes time, if the prospect is in a hurry he can refer to the videos to get answers to these questions.
5. Asking for clarification
What do you do when the prospect seems interested but he has to go into a meeting or something like that?
The next time you call him can be one or two days later and by then he might forget about the conversation with you.
The solution is simple: Immediately after the call, you can send him a WhatsApp message summarizing your discussion and asking the key questions and clarifications that you need to proceed with the conversation.
Hi Kaushik As discussed over the call you need a sales management CRM software for your 6-member credit card direct sales team. I need answers to some questions before I can proceed to help you further regarding this 1️⃣ Do you majorly receive inbound calls? Outbound? Or both? 2️⃣ What are their integrations do you need a fired from calling solution? - Ex - website SMS WhatsApp integration and Facebook ads integration 3️⃣ What are two or three key features that you absolutely need before you can proceed? Rahul TeleCRM.in Click on the link below to to discuss this over a call 
Advantages of this template
- Creates a recall of continuity of the conversation without being pushy.
- Gives the prospect a convenient time to get back to you just by texting when he is available.
- If you want to take it to the next level create a video and show your face. And attach that video with the message. This will help you build solid trust with the prospect.
Gone are the days when you just call a prospect, make him interested and then lose him because he said ‘I will get back to you‘ and there is nothing you can do after that!
Now you can engage him on WhatsApp immediately after the call, build a conversation, send WhatsApp newsletters to all such prospects, and as a result keep them warm and keep the conversation going without having to put any actual time or effort.
If you understand that the right way to sell is by building relationships with prospects then this is your sales gold mine.
Jump on the WhatsApp sales follow-ups bandwagon today, build a pipeline and in about a month you can start getting inbound queries when all your peers are struggling with the same methods and systems of following up with prospects manually and getting rejected again and again.