If you are a business owner who is thinking about starting telemarketing for his business read this article to understand the advantages of telemarketing👇
Everyone hates tele-callers and telemarketers!
And here’s how that’s a massive hidden growth opportunity for your business.
I recently got a call, It was Bilal from Axis Bank
Bilal: Sir main Axis bank se bol raha tha, maine credit card ke lie call kia hai... said the voice on the other side of the phone Me: Fir se call kar rahe ho aap? Kitni baar mana karun aapko main.... Bilal: Aapka gussa hona jayaj hai, par main guarantee deta hoon ki aapki ek help to karunga mein he calmly replied Me: Kya help kar sakte ho aap meri, pehle hi do card hain mere paas Axis ke, ek abhi tak receive nahi hua, par aap to sales se ho, aap to bas bol doge ki customer care pe call karlo... I responded, still angry
10 minutes later I had given Bilal a referral of a friend who is interested in a new credit card and I was saving Bilal’s number in my phone book.
In those 10 minutes, he told me a trick to quickly get in touch with customer support and asked me to contact him for any Axis credit card-related issue.
Everyone hates tele-callers
And that’s great news for you
People need help and guidance to buy things. And they need support after their purchase. But they won’t talk to the robotic tele-callers who only call to spam.
This means if your team can learn how not to be robotic and how to get past the initial anger and genuinely try to help then it’s a huge opportunity.
Once they develop this strategy, they can have a chance to win hundreds of deals every day at almost 0 costs.
And it’s not very hard to crack this strategy
Let’s look at Bilal’s strategy
- He was unfazed by the first rude reaction, a perfect professional
- He had an unexpected reply
- He genuinely tried to help, despite the fact that I wasn’t interested in buying
- He got an even better reply, a really hot prospect in the form of a referral
Once you train your team to try this with every prospect you get to access the massive advantages of telemarketing.
In today’s article, we will learn how effective telemarketing can be for businesses in our country instead of thinking about how bad it is for someone.
India is progressing at a swift pace. Thousands of startups are opening every year. Some businesses offer products, and some provide services. But very few business people get success. You must be a business owner, and maybe you know that there can be ample reasons behind this.
- There may be no need for your goods in the market.
- Maybe due to a lack of investment or funding.
- Even if there is no good team, a business fails.
- Tough competition in the market to sustain goods and services and many other reasons.
What if we say all these risks can be reduced or controlled with the help of telemarketing? What will be your reaction? It may sound strange or difficult to believe easily but it’s seemingly possible.
Ultimately, the main objective of any business is to sell and promote its products in the market. Sell more and earn more.
You must have understood from the demonstrative call that if this technique is planned and executed appropriately, it can be a very effective solution to sell your products. But it is possible only if you have a great team.
There are many companies or business owners who are following this technology. You may probably know the big market players like Infosys, TCS, and Accenture. Because telemarketing has always been a result-oriented marketing technique.
Maybe there is a different structure in your mind about it, but there are many businesses that are now surviving only on the basis of this marketing model. Therefore, it is essential for you to know how this whole process works.
Telemarketing is an intense and fierce practice for telemarketers to sell and promote products.
Customers will never buy but a telemarketer should always focus to sell.
If you want, telemarketing can become a Bhramastra of your company.
Telemarketing: A brief
You must know that many marketing techniques are available in the life of a business. Insanely famous – direct marketing/traditional and conventional marketing or Indirect marketing/telemarketing/ digital marketing.
Telemarketing usually means contacting potential customers to sell goods and services simply by using a telephone. Telemarketing is a technique that enables the products and services of the business to reach the customer through the phone.
Still, want to know more about What Telemarketing Mean?
It also includes using fax and the internet. The use of direct mail and face-to-face marketing does not fall under telemarketing.
Selling goods with the help of the telephone is telemarketing. Now, those who perform all these duties and roles are called telemarketers. This technique came into existence 25-30 years ago. Eventually became popular in the Indian market.
With this technology, businesses understood that it was easy to contact customers and make them know about their goods. Consequently, after some years, it was even criticized by the customers.
Effective use of telemarketing in business:
Hum Bhartiya kya sab cheezon ka utilization ache se karna jaante hain. Ghar pe rakhi purani sarees deke nye utensils lene ki baat se leke, purane kapdo ko dusting k liye use karne tak. Hum log koi na koi alternate toh dhund hi lete hain. Chaliye samjhte hain telemarketing k uses:
- Telemarketing identifies the market needs and exact requirements of your prospects.
- Telemarketing generates interest for products and services from potential customers.
- It is an effective way to arrange appointments with customers.
- A convenient method to sell from a distance and cover a large market.
- Telemarketing is an aggressive marketing method for generating sales and leads.
- Building immediate customer reports or feedback.
- Provide interactive and personal sale service.
- Reach more customers in less time frame.
Now that you know that all the purposes related to your selling can be fixed with this one thing, will you not adopt any such technology in your business? Or, you must be thinking that when this method is so effective, why do most companies not use it?
Define steps, track sales history, guide your sales team
Managing your sales is this easy with TeleCRMTry Now
It’s not for businesses to decide whether they should use telemarketing or not. It is people who are not happy with this method.
Assume you are an individual busy in your regular schedule. It is Saturday, and you are in the mood to relax a little at your place of work. Perhaps you are wondering what to plan for Sunday, football matches and parties with friends or dinner with the family in a great hotel away from the city. Suddenly your phone rings.
Caller: Hello sir, I am Priya calling from ABC LTD. Am I talking to Mr. Manish Jain? You: Yes, it's me. As soon as you confirm your identity, callers start instantly Caller: Sir, we have this product that is very useful for you. You get such features in it you will have this, you will get that bla bla bla. You repeatedly say no, I do not want anything, do not have a requirement. But the caller goes after you, and you hang up.
Perhaps, as an owner, you answer too many calls in the month from real estate brokers to buy a property, stock market firms to invest in stocks, and a lot of others. What are your thoughts about such calls? It is how most of the calls are. Never effective nor fruitful instead makes a prospect angry and irritate.
- It is a universal truth that nobody likes to get sold. We all can relate to this sales call.
- In our regular life, we all know how we get chased by companies for insurance, credit cards, etc. They sound more like a scripted version.
- Callers keep putting pressure on a prospect to buy and try their products.
- Telemarketers usually have information about a prospect that makes it an unethical practice.
- A caller has no idea what is happening in the life of prospects, whether they are busy, under any condition, or at the right place to take the call. When somebody receives a call, it gets annoying.
- People are scared of the fraud and risks associated with telemarketing.
Disadvantages of Telemarketing
Telemarketing is not a widely used method for marketing any product or service. Let’s check out some cons of telemarketing that make a business less interested in using this method for sale.
Here are 4 key disadvantages of telemarketing
- The customer generally considers marketing calls to be uninvited/ unsolicited.
And when somebody receives a call, the first statement we spit out is –
Isko mera naam kaise pta hai?
- Several people complain of annoyance with incoming calls because the calls always sound like high-pressure selling tactics.
Sir le lijiye na loan, aap nhi chahte apka ghar ho? Itna ache ROI pe bank apko loan de raha h, kon dega itne me? kyu nhi lena chahte? Ek bar check toh karo humare offer
- Telemarketing gets the result for organizations however, numerous shoppers have a negative outlook on the telemarketing service in itself.
- Organizations might lose customers or dismiss likely clients with an ineffectively coordinated or executed call.
- The personal growth of a telemarketer takes time as the training process goes on after every call one takes. It is an ever-learning experience that leads to slow growth for a company.
You may not have found telemarketing so positive as you have read.
Per picture toh abi baaki hai
Importance of telemarketing
First of all, know the importance of telemarketing. We know India is the second-largest populated country. It means businesses have wider opportunities to hit the market. Often, challenging to reach customers in every corner. Thus, many companies out there have massive scope to consolidate telemarketing. It is imperative to know how telemarketing will help make a business effective.
- Useful to create a database – For business, quantitative and qualitative research plays a vital role to collect information about goods. Telemarketing is the best way to get surveys from prospects or potential customers.
- Customer retention – Customer retention is the pain point for the business. The company is responsible for creating a solid onboarding process by providing a personalized experience and building trust among customers.
Missed Follow-ups = Lost Deals
With TeleCRM you always take your follow-ups on timeTry Now
- Cross-selling – It is a therapeutic way to build a relationship with the customer. Meet their needs first and then increase their needs lightly.
- Market research – The key to starting any business is empirical research, understanding the customer’s problems, and providing them with your solution.
- Special offers for new and valuable customers – Telemarketer experts are eager and passionate about selling the company’s product to the customer. Telephonic sales make it easier for them to offer discounts and attract maximum customers.
- Increase in loyalty – Customer loyalty is prominent in the business. A customer can be loyal only if he knows everything about your product and its quality. And this information is conveyed through telemarketing.
Advantages of Telemarekting
Although telemarketing is not popular among customers, it is still very popular with marketers. Nowadays, bringing telemarketing into business is a hot topic of discussion. Numerous companies do not adopt this model very much, but those who do get successful.
1. A cost-effective solution
All big market players spend money on advertisements and brand promotions to attract customers.
On TV, on youtube, radio, in newspapers, and magazines, you may have seen Mr. Amitabh Bachhan advertising for Bikaji Bhujiya.
On the other hand, startup or SME business owners may not be able to approach big stars to shoot an ad for their products and services. Probably they can, but not in the beginning stage. As they would rather focus on other important tasks
However, small companies can relatively manage to have telemarketing techniques and a team of telemarketers to promote and sell products on a large scale.
2. Identify leads and assist in their generation:
The foundation of telemarketing in business is to boost sales and generate revenue. Calling cold prospects gives the advantage of generating leads and converting them in closing.
There are multiple ways to connect with customers, but the telemarketing strategy is more goal-oriented when selling products to customers in a limited time.
Focusing on the wrong leads = Hard work - Results
Track and manage lead communication in a single pipelineTry Now
3. Enhance the stability and worthiness of your business
Understand for once that it is easy to start a business, but it is very challenging to sustain the business. With the help of this technology, businesses will get a chance to know about their competitors, study the market conditions and implement strategies that can boost sales with stability.
4. An emphasis on results:
The main focus of telemarketing is to sell company goods and services to a large extent. In a business, having a telemarketing team makes the selling process easy.
The entire team will not only focus on selling goods but also will actively spread information about the product. The more customers know about your goods, the more they will buy. All this can happen if you have dedicated telemarketing support in the business.
5. Explore business opportunities:
Hunting for new businesses and customers is always challenging. It is challenging to bring a new business or create a new customer. Nevertheless, easy to have a large customer base in a short time.
Yet, this is possible with the help of telemarketing. A telemarketer’s job is to get as many prospects as possible. Customers come and go in business life, but the work of a telemarketer is to connect new customers to the company’s goods as much as possible. Exploring new opportunities or customers is a never-ending process. The amount of success it can achieve is difficult without telemarketing.
6. Provide easy solutions to customer complaints:
Telemarketing is not only effective in selling and promoting, but it also contributes to understanding and solving customer problems. Once the goods get sold, the customer mustn’t face problem-related with the product, but even if it comes, it is in the hands of telemarketers to solve them immediately.
When done right, telemarketing can be a savior.
Telemarketing is a great way to sustain and expand your business without interruption. There are many reasons for business failure, but there are fewer methods to make your business successful and the telemarketing method is one to include in companies to overcome obstacles.
Over the period, strategies changed, some closed branches appeared, and the whole industry of promotion and sales over the telephone got the name telemarketing.
In today’s serious business world, you must consistently look for several different marketing approaches and strategies to get your product and services in front of your potential customers. There are different approaches to this, and you might consider using telemarketing to help increase your sales.
As a decision-maker, challenges are infinite, but solutions are limited. Picking up the appropriate solution decides the faith of the business.
But when used correctly, telemarketing can be a powerful marketing tool. You first need to find out whether your product is required in the market or not. Either do sample research or cold calling.
Sample research is a lengthy approach, and it is not comfortable to reach more people in less time. And for cold calling, you will have a telemarketing team to find out the ongoing trends in the market.
You can provide some free samples to the customers and ask your telemarketing team to call and check with customers. Take their feedback and try to know what they think about your goods and services. Collect every bit of the information possible over the phone within seconds.
Irrespectively, the best thing about telemarketing is that it is cost-effective. Also, conversions are high. The possibility of reaching more customers than a typical digital campaign is an added advantage. Using it in conjunction with other forms of advertising, such as online ads, can also be an effective way of obtaining new customers.
A famous but generic saying is - All is fair in love and war. The same is the concept in marketing. No matter what technique a business may use, it will not be effective unless executed and performed accurately.
Effective telemarketing is not just about closing every conversation but building up a solid pipeline through practical questioning and intelligent sales conversations. The result is a healthy pipeline with a steady stream of high-quality sales leads that not only uncovers immediate opportunities but will ensure you have a flow of high-quality leads.
Use telephone marketing to generate interest, provide information to prospects, create opportunities within the market for your products and services, get customer feedback, and most importantly, generate leads. Therefore, the telemarketing model can bring a change in your selling patterns. It will give your business more power and stability to sustain in the long run.