Do you want this type of WhatApp profile for your business? Then continue reading.
I recently booked a flight ticket on MMT.
This is the message I received,
I noticed a green tick badge beside their name.
Immediately I got to thinking
Can other businesses also get Whe WhatsApp Green Tick? If yes then how?
That’s exactly what this article is about
We will cover 4 major concepts:-
- What are the requirements?
- What is the process for applying?
- What is the timeline?
- Is there any cost involved?
But before that
What is a Whatsapp green tick?
It’s the little checkmark that you see beside the name of the company when you get a WhatsApp from a company’s verified official WhatsApp handle.
What are the benefits of having the WhatsApp green tick
- It shows the customers and prospects that the business is verified.
- Only a select few businesses get the WhatsApp Green Tick so if you have it, they will see your business as a solid authority. This is the biggest reason why every business owner wants the WhatsApp green tick. It basically tells your audience that you are a big fish.
- Customers see your brand name instead of a phone number
- It’s a verified account so there is no chance of number banning
- With a verified business account you can use WhatsApp as a channel for officially providing support to all your existing customers
Also, a study from HypeAuditor shows that users engage significantly more with official accounts.
Types of accounts on Whatsapp:-
There are 2 different accounts made on WhatsApp.
- Regular Business Account.
- Official Business Account.
|Business Account||By default, any account using the Whatsapp Business API or Whatsapp Business App is a Business Account.|
|Official Business Account||An Official Business Account has a Green Tick badge on your Business Account.|
There is a key difference between the Business Account and the Official Business Account.
Let us discuss in the detail:
Having a business account will display a name in the contacts and a term called “business account”.
This is how it appears:
To help your customers build trust, you can ask them to fill out a form including your business website, address, and working hours availability.
Official Business Account
Unlike normal business accounts, official business accounts display only their name instead of phone number and they have a green tick badge beside their name.
Eligibility Criteria to get a green tick(verified) on WhatsApp
Now, there is an Eligibility Criteria to get a Green Tick Badge a.k.a Official Account on Whatsapp.
Coming to the important part, what makes a business eligible to get a green tick?
Let us discuss the important points for that:
- It is highly recommended that your business should be a tier-2 or above messaging level.
- WhatsApp typically allows highly reputed and notable brands to get a verified badge.
- The Facebook business verification should be completed by your FB business manager.
- You must integrate your business with WhatsApp business API.
Not every business can get a verified green tick badge. If your business is dealing with any of the following products/services, then you are not eligible to integrate your business with WhatsApp business API.
Product/Services that cannot get a green tick(verified) on WhatsApp:
- Alcohol brands.
- Live animals.
- Gambling businesses.
- Dating services.
- Tobacco items.
- Weapons and Ammunition businesses.
- Medical and Healthcare products.
- Adult products and services.
These are the eligibility criteria for getting the WhatsApp green tick badge for your business.
The process to Verify a Whatsapp Business Account
The only way to get an official business account (Green Tick badge) is to apply for it through the WhatsApp business platform and get approval from Meta.
You can easily verify your official business account by making a request from the Facebook business manager.
Here are some steps you need to follow to get a verified badge for your WhatsApp business account.
- Login to your Facebook business account and click on “business settings”.
- Under the accounts option, select “WhatsApp account”. If you have multiple accounts on WhatsApp, select the one you want to get a green tick badge with.
- Go to the Settings option and click on “Support”.
- At the top right, click “ask a question” and choose “WaBiz: request official business account status”.
- Fill out the necessary information. Make sure you have two-factor authentication set up before you proceed to send your business verification.
- The request status will be available under the “direct support” option in your business manager.
After all these steps, if your request is approved, then within some time, your business account will change into an official business account. However, it generally takes 1-2 business days to get verified. If your account does not get verified in the meantime, then there must be a problem with your application.
Pro-tip to help your account gets verified quickly:
Having 3-5 PR articles about your company increases the chances of getting the green tick early.
What if Whatsapp rejects the verification application:-
The green badge makes it more official and authenticated rather than a simple business account.
It might happen that Whatsapp denies your verification application. If you get stuck in such a case, your company will have to wait. A new application can only be submitted after a period of 30 days.
Unfortunately, Whatsapp does not provide any details as to why your application got rejected. As already mentioned above, your business should have a well-known brand and have some traffic in the marketing channels.
It is directly related to traffic, the more you have, the more the chances to get it approved.
Here, the good news is that most of the time, it gets granted after a second or third attempt. So the key is to hang in there.
If you are still stuck in getting an official account despite having a well-reputed brand, your wait comes to an end here. We have got you covered. We have shared everything in detail.
How you can get verified, what is the process, the eligibility criteria, and what to do if your application gets rejected?
TeleCRM is here to provide your business the credibility it deserves on Whatsapp with a very easy method and also to get you u speed and worry not.
I hope you liked the article and learned something meaningful.
Follow TeleCRM for such informational articles.