If you are a financial advisor and want to go from little or no business growth to consistent, predictable growth, this post is for you.
Today, everyone with a webcam and a Zerodha account calls themselves a financial guru. And because there is so much free information available, most consumers believe they don’t need a professional advisor. Your audience now expects a 20% return each month because of the wild promises made by these self-proclaimed gurus.
To be successful as a financial advisor in India in 2023, just saying you are SEBI registered or showcasing your expertise isn’t enough, you must show your clients how to sustainably make money without resorting to get-rich-quick schemes.
As a professional financial advisor, you can either:
👉 Settle for the list of clients that you already have and watch your growth decline and die over time.
👉 Or you can develop a system to snatch clients away from the quacks and provide real value to them.
If you are still reading I’d say it’s because you want to be the second type.
Essentially the types of financial advisors who need growth
- Individuals: Who run solo financial advisory businesses.
- Financial advisory institution: Companies that have sales teams, marketing teams, and financial analysts.
- Credible influencers: Who have the right advice to share with prospects.
How you can utilize your CRM to grow your business depends on which of the above three types you are.
With so many CRMs on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive guide to the best financial advisor CRMs available, so you can make an informed decision and focus on what you do best, providing top-notch financial advice to your clients.
And while the tactics change for each segment the core factors that you need to sort out in order to grow your business to the next level remain the same.
Key ingredients to growth for Finance advisor(s)
1. Lead generation
The first step for your financial advisor business is lead generation. Business growth literally means more deals and you cannot have that unless you get more high-quality qualified leads. Here’s a brief of how lead gen works for different types of financial advisors.
- Individuals: Business growth depends on referrals and if you have surplus cash, then you can run Facebook ads or find relevant options from the Facebook ads library.
- Institution: Lead gen for institutions is about targeting the right target audience by running the right campaigns instead of investing money in places that don’t necessarily give a very good return. For example, running a carefully crafted WhatsApp marketing campaign, instead of guzzling money into SMS and email blasts.
- Influencer: If you are an influencer you don’t have a lead gen problem. Instead, finding an effective way to engage with those is what is stopping your growth.
2. Business development
You can get 200 calls per day but if none of them become your customers then your net business growth will be zero.
If you’re really serious about business growth you can’t do it alone. In fact, if you are really fast you will have to work on making sure that your clients get the results that they want, while there’s a dedicated person whose job it is to do business development. If you are a bigger company or an influencer, this can be more than one person or the entire team.
Everybody tries to sell but most of them end up with complaints like:
- The leads are not serious.
- They have unrealistic expectations.
- They don’t understand the value of qualified professional advice.
Here’s a fact: You cannot change the market but you can change how you operate.
Because very few people do it systematically.
If you can standardize some very basic sales and business development practices then in the long run it will give you much higher returns compared to your competitors who are using some sales or business development hack.
Agent Tracking Software
Get detailed caller reports for all campaign typesTry now
Things you need to standardize in your business
Once you have some number of leads, the next step in unlocking growth is having a systematic approach to effectively engage those leads all the way to conversion.
- Lead capture: You have to continuously track and optimize the best sources of your leads, this means you always need to know:
- How many leads you are getting over time?
- Which platforms are getting you the best leads?
- Are they relevant?
- First contact: How fast are you able to contact these leads?
If somebody is looking for financial advice, all your competitors are chasing him. This means your team needs to be the first person that contacts him in order to get a real chance at closing the deal.
- Lead requirement tracking: On the first call the lead will tell you his problems and if you want to get a chance at actually closing the deal, then you have to take note of those problems. Then, in the process of business development, show them how you are the best person to solve these problems you cannot do that unless you have a clear track of the conversation you had with him.
- Capturing the right information: Lead does not necessarily mean business growth, the only way to actually ensure growth is to make sure you’re working on the right leads. One way to find the right leg is by qualifying them with the right questions and storing that data in order to filter out relevant leads. Eg – People who want to invest but don’t have sufficient surplus capital.
- Lead management: You or your sales team can be working really hard and still not close any deals if they are focusing on leads that are not likely to close. This is why you need to be able to find relevant leads directly based on the conversations that you have with them. You won’t be able to do that unless you actually have a log of the conversation and their requirements.
- Data security: What if your sales team works super hard to turn leads into deals and just before they close, these deals get leaked out to your competitors?
- Team productivity: If you just do not have the right tools set up to do their best work then you are losing out on revenue and growth. Your teams are losing their incentives and your competitors are closing your leads. Here are some things you can do using CRM that can boost the productivity of your team members.
- Automate repetitive tasks like dialing: You can use TeleCRM auto-dialer to make sure that your team spends zero time manually typing numbers and instead focuses primarily on talking to and convincing prospects.
- Call recording: You need to monitor whether your team members are making any calls and whether they are having the right conversation with your leads. The only way to make sure of that is to record each and every conversation they have.
- Team performance tracking: If you’re busy with your business, then you don’t have the time needed to crunch 15 different Excel sheets to get a sense of who in your team is doing their job and who is not. This is why you need a CRM that will automatically generate and give you reports, if not in real-time then at least at the end of every day. TeleCRM reports are generated in real-time.
- Call reminders: Every successful sales rep will agree that timely follow-up is the biggest factor in closing more deals and you cannot do that without proper call reminders. Because no matter how efficient your team members are, they cannot be making calls, closing deals, and then managing all the follow-ups manually using some Excel sheet. This is why it is critical to have a system in place that intuitively and automatically takes care of follow-ups and sends timely reminders to your team members.
- Follow-up calendar: The one question that every sales rep needs to answer before starting his day is – what are my important follow-ups for today? And the right CRM for your business needs to answer that question with a single click.
- Growth hacks: You can have the best systems in place but every once in a while the systems go nuts and your targets rise. That’s when you need a little bit of help from growth hacks, and the right CRM needs to have the capability to accommodate those growth hacks.
For example, TeleCRM supports built-in growth hacks like – sending WhatsApp messages immediately after a call with a single click. And reaching your entire audience at once with a single click using WhatsApp marketing.
Once you have decided what features are critical for your business let’s look at the five best CRM for financial advisors and how they compare to this particular feature set.
Here are some of the best financial advisor CRMs in India, based on these specific parameters
Top 5 CRM software for financial advisors in India in 2023
TeleCRM is one of the most powerful CRM for financial advisors in India. In India, financial advice selling happens over the phone and as the name suggests, TeleCRM is built specifically as software to manage telesales for financial service providers.
Features you are going to love:
Lead capture and Distribution
Stop wasting time distributing leads manually.Try Now
- Lead capture: TeleCRM provides instant auto-lead capture from 15 different platforms along with custom API integration that you can integrate with any platform of your choice to get notified instantly after you receive a lead anywhere
- First contact: With TeleCRM you can get WhatsApp notifications for every lead you receive and then you can call each lead instantly with a single click directly from your WhatsApp.
- Lead requirement tracking: TeleCRM captures leads and maintains the entire history of each and every lead in a single timeline so that no information is ever lost and you can access everything from a single screen anywhere.
- Capturing the right information: TeleCRM fields are completely customizable according to your needs so you can be structured and organized the information that you need to capture at your team’s convenience.
- Lead management: TeleCRM has several different ways to dispose of leads, which means at the end of the month, as a business owner you have a rich set of data telling you exactly how many relevant leads you have in your pipeline and the best campaign that you need to run to close those leads.
- Data security: You can manage permissions and hierarchy deciding exactly who has access to what data and what they can do with that data inside TeleCRM.
- Team productivity: All the team productivity features like autodialer, automatic call recording, team performance tracking, call reminder, and follow-up calendar comes in with TeleCRM at no additional cost whatsoever.
- Growth hacks: TeleCRM empowers you to implement growth hacks like WhatsApp blast marketing, WhatsApp sequences scheduling, and drip marketing automation to help you get that additional boost of leads whenever you need it to meet your sales and growth targets.
- Additional perks: Free trial, simple, flat pricing of Rs 499/user, WhatsApp support with a dedicated customer success manager, and a wide range of customizability options.
Automatic WhatsApp reminders
Send WhatsApp alerts for renewals and reduce manual follow-upsTry Now
2. Sage CRM
Sage CRM is a powerful customer relationship management tool that helps sales teams focus on the most lucrative and winnable deals. With Sage CRM, sales teams can easily identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities and track their progress in real-time.
Features you are going to love:
- Lead management: Sage CRM does have workflow and lead management features that can help businesses manage leads from acquisition to conversion. These features can help automate and streamline the lead management process, making it easier for sales and marketing teams to track and manage leads and opportunities.
- Lead Capture: Sage CRM also includes other tools and features that can be helpful for lead capture and management, such as the ability to create and distribute online forms and track & analyze customer interactions.
- Data Security: Sage CRM uses encryption to protect data stored in the cloud, making it inaccessible even if disk drives are physically obtained.
- Team Productivity: Sage CRM’s Team functionality allows you to group employees by job duties and track their activities, sales, and customer support pipelines in one place.
- Better customer experience: Delivering excellent customer service is crucial for any business. Still, it can be difficult to keep track of all the cases and provide a solution. Sage CRM provides the tools to do just that, making each client connection profitable.
Sage CRM lets you track customer cases so you always know where they are in the process and what steps need to be taken to resolve them. This helps you provide solutions quickly and keep your customers happy.
- Customer data management: Marketing efforts often are not targeting the right audiences and leads. With outdated and incomplete data, it is difficult to understand the needs of customers or offer them the solutions they want.
With Sage CRM, you can organize all of their information in a convenient manner and create detailed profiles of individual persons or organizations. This will make your marketing campaigns more powerful with targeted messages.
- Automated tasks: The traditional way of handling revenue recognition, customer invoicing, and budget modifications can be extremely time-consuming and labor-intensive. This can lead to accounting departments being bogged down with unnecessary work, impacting their ability to provide efficient and accurate services to their clients.
Sage CRM software can automate many tasks that accounting departments traditionally have to handle manually. This can help to free up time and resources so that accounting departments can focus on more important tasks.
- Customer lifecycle management: Many companies struggle to identify and prioritize high-paying accounts. Without this information, companies can’t maximize their chances of success.
The software provides a complete view of the customer lifecycle, allowing companies to develop cross-selling and up-selling opportunities pertinent to each stage. This information is essential for companies looking to improve their chances of success.
SugarCRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that helps businesses manage their interactions with customers. It offers features such as sales automation, marketing automation, and customer support. SugarCRM is known for its flexibility, ease of use, and open-source nature.
Features you are going to love:
- Lead Capture: Visitors to your website or other online destination can quickly turn into leads in your Sugar instance with the help of SugarCRM.
- Lead Management: SugarCRM’s lead management system segment leads based on factors such as industry, channel, lead source & geography and creates targeted offers.
- Team Productivity: Sweet Hierarchy by SugarCRM provides a clear view of the account hierarchy within your organization, helping to increase the productivity of your sales team.
- Data Security: SugarCRM has multi-factor authentication to limit access to non-authorized individuals.
- Growth Hacks: SugarCRM allows users to receive timely updates on important accounts and to automatically analyze relevant data from various social and business sources.
4. Wealthbox CRM
Wealthbox CRM is a cloud-based CRM software designed specifically for financial advisors. It offers features such as client management, task management, and integrations with other financial software. Wealthbox CRM is known for its user-friendly interface, customization options, and mobile access.
Features you are going to love:
- Lead Capture: The integration between Wealthbox and LeadsBridge makes it easy for advisors to create contact records for leads obtained through social media advertising and retargeting campaigns. This feature streamlines the process of establishing contact with potential clients.
- Lead Management: Wealthbox helps you organize and tag your contacts, making it easier to find and connect with prospects and clients using advanced filtering.
- Data security: Wealthbox uses bank-level encryption and 256-bit SSL to protect your data. Passwords are securely hashed and stored and application credentials are kept separate from our database and codebase for added security.
- Team Productivity: Wealthbox’s live activity stream and the commenting system let you keep track of what’s happening and communicate with your team in real time. Add some flair to your CRM updates and staff communication with emojis and stay connected with your advisors and assistants.
5. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM is an omnichannel cloud-based software that helps businesses take charge of their operations and establish enduring relationships with their clients. With Zoho CRM, companies can manage their sales, marketing, customer support, and other business functions in one platform. This gives companies a complete view of their customers and provides them with a better overall experience.
Features you are going to love:
- Lead Capture: Streamline your lead capture process with Zoho CRM’s effective lead generation forms. These forms provide an easy way to collect and organize lead information and our templates make it simple to get started.
- Lead management: Use Zoho CRM to track and classify leads based on their interests and interaction with your website. Provide personalized educational content to establish trust and give leads what they want before asking for it.
- Data Security: Zoho CRM protects your sensitive data with the power of AES-256 encryption. Keep your data safe from leaks and loss with our secure servers and transit protection.
- Team productivity: By collecting data, processing payments, updating your CRM, sending emails & reports and doing whatever else you need, the Zoho Creator app can help you get the most out of your team.
- Growth Hack: Zoho’s custom links are a great way to get information about your leads or contacts from any third-party application. You can use them to find your leads or contacts on Google Maps or LinkedIn or to view their profiles.
- Better client data management: Do you find yourself struggling to keep track of your client’s data? Are you constantly having to search for information scattered across different files and folders? Zoho CRM can help you unify and better manage your client data, giving you full access to financial and policy paperwork, insurance records, and more.
With Zoho CRM, you can create custom email templates for each client segment, making your interactions more personal and tailored. This will help you stand out from the competition and build stronger relationships with your clients.
- Complete visibility into your business: Many businesses struggle to manage their assets effectively due to a lack of visibility into their company transactions and contact details. This makes it difficult to make informed decisions about where to allocate resources for the best return on investment.
Zoho CRM provides complete visibility into your company transactions, interactions, and contact details to help you manage your assets more effectively. With this data at your disposal, you can make better-informed decisions about where to direct your resources.
- Data analytics: If you’re unable to measure your business, how do you know if there’s a problem? With analytics, it’s easier to understand the state of your business and make data-driven decisions.
Zoho CRM empowers you with actionable insights into your company’s performance. It provides powerful analytic tools that help you understand the things that matter most to your business. With its built-in analytical engine, Zoho CRM lets you engage with data in various ways and create personalized dashboards that deliver insightful knowledge.
- AI assistance: Are you struggling to keep track of your clients and finances? Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the data you need to analyze? Zia is here to help! With her predictions and recommendations, you can get your work done more efficiently and effectively.
Zia is the most competent assistant around, and she can help you get your work done quickly and easily. She knows when it’s the best time to contact clients and can give you valuable insights into your financial data.
Is CRM software worth the investment?
Here is the thing: Indeed, your business can probably still survive without CRM software. But if you want to achieve faster growth and more peace of mind, then a CRM system is worth considering.
For financial advisors, a CRM can help you stay organized, track and manage your clients and leads, predict and track your sales, and manage your sales channels more efficiently. In other words, a CRM can help you better serve your clients and grow your business.
Of course, a cost is associated with investing in a CRM system. But a CRM is worth the investment if you want to take your business to the next level.
Or there’s an alternate option
You can take this information into nothing about it and one year down the line will be struggling with the same problems stuck at the same level of growth, or you can take a decision to move in the direction of faster easier growth for you and your business.
Still not convinced?
I understand that you are super busy, and drastic changes don’t happen in any business overnight.
Here’s a simple 3 step process that you can use to get started without any commitment.
You may be asking yourself, why should I buy TeleCRM? The answer is simple: We want you to succeed. The most important thing is getting the results you want for your business. We’ll be rooting for you every step of the way.
With our help, you can ensure that your business gets the most out of its customer relationships.
We’ll work with you to ensure that you’re getting the most out of TeleCRM, and we’ll help you troubleshoot any problems. Our goal is to help you succeed, regardless of the software you use.
So, if you’re looking for a financial advisor CRM solution to help you take your business to the next level, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to help you get started with TeleCRM and ensure you get the results you’re looking for.
There’s no pressure! You can join our email list and receive free sales improvement tips from experts every week When you’re ready to make a decision, you can contact our sales team!